The MS Academy would like to advertise a job opportunity in the Essex region.
Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are looking to recruit a Multiple Sclerosis Nurse Practitioner (Band 6). The post holder will be involved at a senior level in the delivery of MS services at Basildon hospital, including giving comprehensive high quality advice and training to patients.
As a specialist nurse other responsibilities will include:
- To provide a greater awareness and knowledge of MS in the health and social arena by acting as an educator and a source of support for members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team within the primary, secondary and outside sectors.
- To develop a continuing relationship with the person with MS facilitating individual and family decision making in managing the wider impact of having MS which may include the impact on work, relationships, leisure, finances and end of life decisions.
- Provide highly specialised support and advice as appropriate through a telephone helpline.
- Participate in risk assessment, reporting health and safety issues to appropriate professionals, ensuring safe practice and environment is maintained within the day unit at all times.
- Maintain own up-to-date knowledge of research and innovations in neurology care.
Posted in: Job Vacancies