Research by Dr Iulia Danciut, an associate specialist from Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
This project was awarded the runner up of the MS Academy MasterClass Project Award for Autumn 2020
All of our attendees carry out a piece of research in an area of MS clinical practice or treatment that interests them.
This snapshot, which was a runner up in the MS9 project awards, gives you a quick idea of what they found and why. If you want to learn more, just click through to the full poster, or follow the links within the snapshot.
If you would like to contact the alumni who did the research, drop us a line and we’ll put you in touch where possible.
- the impact that COVID-19 had on the MS service in Hull,
- how guidance was implemented
- what improvements could be made.
- The MS service in Hull was affected by COVID across several domains.
- A change of practice plan was developed and implemented.
- Implementation of changes in unprecedented times is dependent on mental flexibility and proactive behaviours.
- Clear actionable planning was put in place across 5 domains to address change:
- staff redeployment / role changes
- access to MS specialist doctors and nurses
- access to treatment
- safety monitoring
- treatment decisions
- National guidance from the ABN, which evolved throughout the early months of the COVID-19 pandemic, was followed.
- Some areas of improvement were identified.
- Contact the researcher to discuss their work (please put the name of the Snapshot as your title in our contact form)