We would like to share a job opportunity at The MS Trust with you. The MS charity is looking for a new interim Director of Health Professional Programmes. If you know anyone who might be interested, please share this article with them.
To provide the strategic leadership, organisational development and continuous improvement that will ensure that, through professional excellence the Health Professional Programme (HPP) team is successful in providing the best possible service development programmes, training and education.
To participate fully as a key member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in maximising the impact of the MS Trust.
The role will involve a number of tasks and accountabilities including but not limited to:
Strategic and operational planning
Lead the development and implementation of the MS Trust HPP strategy, translating it into effective and impactful operational plans.
- Leading the development and implementation of the strategic plan for HPP with the involvement of service users and strategic partners
- Prioritising the delivery of MS Specialist Nurses, Advanced MS Champions, the MS Trust conference and the Development Modules.
- Identifying development opportunities consistent with the strategic goals of the MS Trust.
- Influencing and helping to shape the MS Trust’s overall strategy, business plans and annual budget.
- Keeping abreast of changes in the key operating environments, including legislative developments, digital technologies, social trends and research findings. Consider how they can be applied to better engage lay and professional users with the work of the MS Trust.
- Ensuring that the ideas, views and needs of people with MS feed into all activities in a systematic way.
Directorate and resource management
To be accountable to the Chief Executive and Trustees for ensuring that the HPP performs to plan, deploy resources effectively and comply with legislation, regulation and best practice.
- Working with SMT to develop a pipeline of projects for investment ensuring that business cases suitable for fundraising are produced in a timely manner.
- Leading the HPP and budget setting process in close collaboration with HPP management team and SMT.
- Working with other members of the SMT to develop and embed a culture of engagement and data collection across the whole organisation. Working with the Database Manager and SMT to develop KPIs to demonstrate and embed new and more efficient ways of working as well as identifying the potential for further innovation.
- Reporting against agreed performance indicators to the SMT and Trustees, assessing key issues, reporting budget variances and making recommendations.
External relationship development and networking
To ensure that the MS Trust is effective in networking and partnering with others where appropriate to influence the improvement of services for people with MS
- Identifying and developing networking and partnership opportunities with other organisations to improve services for people with MS.
- Representing the MS Trust where necessary on external working groups.
- Speaking in public for the MS Trust
- Contributing to the influencing and policy work of the MS Trust designed to influence local and national decision makers.
- Align the work of the HPP team with the Information and Engagement team
- Working with the marketing team to help promote the work of the Trust to service users including health professionals.
To provide the leadership that inspires and motivates staff, volunteers and partners.
- Leading and motivating the HPP team to deliver against agreed KPIs through clear direction, delegation and regular feedback on key activities.
- Encouraging individuals to identify new opportunities to increase awareness of the organisation.
- Manage and support direct reports in line with organisational policies and procedures, encouraging staff to input ideas for change and improvement that support the delivery of the directorate’s objectives, and in turn the MS Trust’s strategy.
- Overseeing workforce planning, anticipating future requirements;
- Championing organisation-wide business and people management improvement initiatives in collaboration with the SMT;
- With SMT, fostering an organisational culture which promotes innovation and which constantly strives to reflect best practice in relation to user needs.
As a member of SMT, champion the professional integrity of the organisation and its aims and objectives.
- Providing the organisation with expertise and leadership relating to the roles of the directorate, ensuring plans are fully integrated across the organisation.
- As a member of the SMT inputting to all relevant strategic and managerial decisions to enable the charity to fulfil its strategic objectives as defined by the Board.
- Work closely with the CEO, and SMT to meet the strategic plan of the organisation.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance to ensure effective planning and monitoring of budgets.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties to support the work of the MS Trust.
Direct Reports: Health Professionals Programme (HPP) Manager, Evaluation Manager, HPP Advisor, HPP Officer, Education Officer, Team Assistant
Responsible to: CEO
About The MS Trust
There is currently no known cure for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Twenty people are diagnosed with MS in the UK every day. Imagine having to deal with this progressive and life threatening disease alone. Due to a shortage of MS nurses in the NHS this is a reality for far too many patients and we don’t think that’s fair.
And that’s why the MS Trust is focussing on this problem.
We’re working with the NHS to fund new MS specialist nurses in areas that need them most. We are a boutique national charity that pays for, places and trains MS nurses.
At the MS Trust we want to provide the best help and support so people with Multiple Sclerosis can take more control of their lives with MS.
We need an interim director who can help us bridge this gap in MS nurses and make a tangible difference to the lives of people with MS.
Posted in: Job Vacancies